At 8:54 p.m. last night, the Seattle Fire Department’s Fire Alarm Center received numerous 911 calls reporting smoke coming from the windows and doors of a two-story commercial building in the 8500 block of 14th Ave. S. in the South Park neighborhood. Upon arrival on scene, firefighters quickly confirmed the callers’ reports and worked diligently to put out the fire.

As crews entered through the front door, they were met with heavy smoke that reduced visibility significantly. Despite this challenge, firefighters swiftly located the source of the blaze near the rear of the first floor and managed to extinguish it by 9:24 p.m. Thankfully, no one was found inside the building, and no injuries were reported.

After investigating the incident, authorities ruled that it was accidental, most likely caused by faulty electrical wiring. The fire was completely extinguished by 9:42 p.m., leaving behind a clean bill of health for all those in the area.

By Editor

Leave a Reply